Our System from Start to Finish
Follow these steps below to assure fast processing through our office:
We encourage our clients to read our FAQ prior to talking with one of our staff attorneys. Our trained paralegals can answer certain questions and our attorneys are available to answer more complicated questions. We generally do not charge for short consultations, but we do reserve the right to charge additional fees when necessary. We will always tell you before you incur additional fees.
- Review the FAQ pages as necessary. Feel free to call us if you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQ section.
- Complete the Order Form on your computer as best you can. If you are not sure about what to fill in, you may leave any field blank and one of our paralegals will contact you. If you need to give us any additional information, include it in the special instructions section at the end of the Order Form. You can also use that section to ask further questions, or advise us if the entity you need will be for AL, FL, NC, SC or TN.
- E-mail the Order Form to us by clicking on "Finish" at the end of the third section.
Alternatively, you can print the form and fax it to us at (770) 736-5183 if you are in the metro Atlanta toll free calling zone or at (888) 736-5183 if you are outside the metro Atlanta toll free calling zone, or mail this form to us if you don't have access to a fax machine.
- We will search your corporate name at no charge, enter your order on our database and fax (or E-mail) a "Confirmation" to you. The Confirmation is used as a proof sheet to assure accuracy, sets forth the legal services we are providing and verifies the amount we are charging you for our services. We generally will review and confirm your order within 2 business days. If you do not receive confirmation within 3 business days, please contact us.
- When we have your final approval and payment we file Articles with the Georgia Secretary of State (and run legal advertising if required).
- After the Secretary of State processes the Articles, we ship a copy to you, along with your company minute book with seal, ownership certificates and organizational documents, and we have completed our work.
A Few Final Details
How long does it take to get my entity formed?
What can I do to move things along as quickly as possible?
My banker wants to see the Articles and my federal tax number before they will open my account. I don't have either. What should I do?
How Long Does it Take to Get My Entity Formed Through Robertson & Gable, LLC?
Your entity is formed as soon as the Articles are filed with the Georgia Secretary of State. Typically, it takes two or three days for us to interact with you and obtain your final approval to file your documents. After we obtain your final approval we generally have online documents filed in a few hours and printed (paper) documents to the Secretary of State within two business days. The time it takes the Secretary of State to process the paperwork varies widely.
Some documents can be filed online. The review process at the Secretary of State is simplified. In some cases the filings are processed by the Secretary of State within a few days, but the average filing time for regular processing is 2 to 3 weeks. At busier times it may take longer. Other documents must be filed on paper. On average it takes the Secretary of State 4 to 6 weeks to process paper filings (and sometimes longer).
When we confirm the Secretary of State has accepted the filing we ship the company kit with minute book and seal on the next business day (or often on the same day). We can, on request, ship the corporate kit before we receive the Articles.
If you need to know beyond a shadow of doubt that your business is formed more quickly than 2 to 3 weeks or if you need to prove to someone else such as a closing attorney, lender, or licensing authority that your business is formed in less than 2 to 3 weeks, you may wish to consider one of our three Rush Options.
I Want My Entity Formed As Fast As Possible, But I Don't Want to Pay a Rush Fee. What Can I Do to Move Things Along As Quickly As Possible?
We require three things prior to filing the Articles. First, we must confirm availability of the corporate name. This usually takes 1 to 2 hours, but can take up to 1 week if a name reservation is required or desired. If you want a thirty day name reservation, we will reserve the name for you for an additional charge of $40.00 ($25.00 Secretary of State name reservation fee and $15.00 service charge). Second, we need your approval of our Confirmation of Order. This is our proof sheet to assure accuracy. This step is quicker if you provide us with an email address or a fax number and approve the confirmation as soon as you can. Lastly, we require payment in advance. If you choose to pay by check, mail it to us at the same time as you order online or fax your order. We do not need to wait for the mail if you choose to pay by credit card.
In summary, for fastest service:
- Email via this website, fax or mail your Order.
- Either mail payment at the same time as you email, mail or fax your Order, or pay by credit card when you approve the confirmation of your Order.
My Banker Wants to See the Articles and My Federal Tax Number Before They Will Open My Account. I Don't Have Either. What Should I Do?
Most banks want to see a copy of your Articles of Incorporation or Articles
of Organization and your Federal Employer Identification Number before opening
a bank account. This can be extremely difficult when both of these key items
take quite a while to get to you in normal situations.
We are happy to provide at no charge a "banker comfort letter" certifying that we have filed your Articles and how far along we are in the process. Most, but not all, bankers will accept our certification as temporary proof of formation. If you need a letter for your banker, please call.